Our Data Protection Declaration
We are pleased that you are interested in our company. The protection of your data is of primary importance to us.
The processing of your personal data is done in conformity with the EU General Data Protection Regulation and with the national data protection regulations applicable to us. By way of our Data Protection Declaration, we wish to inform you amongst other matters about the collection and storage of personal data, about the nature and purpose if its use as well as the rights you have.
1. Name and contact data of the controller for data processing
This Data Protection Declaration applies to data processing by:
Fehn GmbH & Co. KG
Tel: +49 (0) 9563 7499-0
Fax: +49 (0) 9563 7499-30
2. Data protection officer
Compliance with data protection regulations is constantly monitored in your interest by our external data protection officer Mr Denis Busch. If you wish information or clarifications, please contact him directly:
c/o stacktrace GmbH
Amongst others, we use the following terms in our Data Protection Declaration, which we explain as follows:
- Personal data
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter “data subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, psychological, genetic, mental, economic or social identity of that natural person.
- Data subject
Data subject is every identified or identifiable person whose personal data is processed by the controller.
Processing means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaption or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Controller means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law.
Consent of the data subject means any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.
4. Collection and storage of personal data as well as the nature and purpose of its use
a) Upon a visit to our website
Upon accessing our website https://fehn.de/, information is automatically transmitted to the server of our website through the browser used on your terminal. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without any action on your part and is stored until automatic erasure:
- IP address of the enquiring computer
- Date and time of the access
- Name and URL of the accessed file
- Website from which access ensues (Referrer-URL)
- Browser used and if applicable the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider
The referenced data are processed by us for the following purposes:
- Assuring a smooth connection to the website
- Assuring a comfortable use of our website
- Analysis of the system security and stability as well as
- For additional administrative purposes
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 letter f GDPR. Our legitimate interest ensues from the above listed purposes for data collection. In no event do we used collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
b) Upon messages to our email address
Data processing for the purpose of contact initiation with us ensues pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 letter a GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily granted consent.
However, data transmission on the internet is subject to risks: information that you send to us per email which is not encrypted and not signed is not protected from access or manipulation by third parties and can be read, stored and misused during transmission. The confidentiality and actual reception of these emails are not ensured. Accordingly, please do not send us any confidential information without the use of an encryption programme and, if necessary, please contact us initially per telephone.
5. Dissemination of data
A transfer of your personal data to third parties for purposes other than the following listed purposes does not take place.
We disclose your personal data to third parties only if:
- You have given your express consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 letter a GDPR.
- The disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 letter f GDPR is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding protected interest in the non-disclosure of your data
- The disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 letter f GDPR is in the interest of the user-friendliness of our website and the improvement of our offer and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding protected interest in the non-disclosure of your data.
- A statutory obligation exists for disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 letter c GDPR, as well as
- Disclosure is legally permitted and is necessary for the performance of a contract with you pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 letter b GDPR.
As do many other websites, we also use “Cookies”, small text files that enable the saving of specific, device related information on the access device of the user (PC, tablet, smart phone). They serve both the user friendliness of websites and thus of the user, and also the statistical recording of data on the use of the website and thus the improvement of the service. As a user you can influence the application of Cookies. Most browsers have an option in which the saving of Cookies can be reduced or completely prevented. However, we inform you that the use and user comfort of our website may be reduced through the exclusion of Cookies.
The legal basis for data processing particularly for using so-called Cookies is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 letter f GPDR. Our legitimate interest ensues from our interest in the user-friendliness of our website and the improvement of our offer.
7. Linkage to Facebook
Our website is connected to our Facebook site via an external link. It does not involve a plug-in from Facebook. Thus, none of your personal data is transferred from our site to Facebook.
Information on data protection by Facebook can be found at:
8. Linkage to Instagram
Our website is connected to our Instagram site via an external link. It does not involve a plug-in from Instagram. Thus, none of your personal data is transferred from our site to Instagram.
Information on data protection by Instagram can be found at:
9. Use of web analysis by Google Analytics
a) Description and scope of data processing
We use the web analysis service Google Analytics of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (hereinafter: “Google”) on our website.
Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer and which enable an analysis of your use of the website. The information provided by the cookie on your use of our website is, as a rule, transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, in the event of the activation of the IP anonymisation of this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google within the member states of the European Union or in other contract states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area prior to transfer. Only in exceptional cases will the complete IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there.
Google uses this information on our behalf in order to evaluate your use of our website, to prepare reports on website activities and to provide us with additional related services regarding the use of the website and of the internet.
The IP address provided by your browser to Google Analytics is not combined with other data from Google.
Our website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. IP addresses are therein shortened and a relationship to individual persons is thereby precluded. If a personal relationship can be attributed to the data collected on you, it will not be included and the personal data will be immediately deleted.
b) Legal basis for data processing
The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 letter f GDPR.
c) Purpose of data processing
We use Google Analytics in order to analyse the use of our website and to continuously improve it. The statistics gathered allow us to improve our offering and to design it in a more interesting way for you as the user. In those exceptional cases where personal data are transferred to the USA, Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Information of the third party provider: Google Analytics of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
Terms of usage: https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.htm
Overview of data protection: https://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html
Data Protection Policies: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
d) Objection and erasure options
You can prevent the storage of cookies through a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, in this case we inform you that you may not be able to fully use all functions of our website. In addition, you can prevent Google from recording the data produced by the cookie and related to your use of the website, including your IP address, as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de
10. Matomo (formerly Piwik)
Matomo supports the “Do Not Track” process of your current web browser. If you wish to generally prevent an analysis of your web behaviour, we recommend that you activate this option in your browser.
Information on data protection by Matomo can be found at: https://matomo.org/privacy-policy/
The legal basis for the use of Matomo is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 letter f GDPR.
11. Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- Pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR, to obtain information on your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can obtain information on the purpose of the processing, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period of storage, the existence of the right to rectification, erasure, restriction of the processing or to object, the existence of the right to lodge a complaint, the source of your data where the personal data are not collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on their details;
- Pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data or completion of your personal data stored with us;
- Pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, to obtain the erasure of your personal data stored with us if the processing is not necessary for the exercise of the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, on grounds of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- Pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to restrict the processing of your personal data if the accuracy of the data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful and you oppose its erasure and we no longer need the data, but you need the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- Pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to demand the transmission of those data to another controller;
- Pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR, to withdraw your consent granted to us at any time. This has the consequence that we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent in the future and
- Pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that the processing of your personal data is not lawful. As a rule you can lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority at your habitual residence or place of work or our place of business.
12. Right to object
If your personal data are processed on the basis of a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 letter f GDPR, you have the right pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR to object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your special situation or the objection is directed against direct marketing. In the later case you have a general right to object which shall be implement by us without any indication of a particular situation.
13. Data security
For reasons of security, our website uses a SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. You can recognise whether an individual page of our internet site is encrypted on the closed depiction of the key or lock symbol on the status bar of your browser.
In addition, we make use of suitable technical and organisational security measures in order to protect your data from accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in accordance with the development of technology.
14. Validity of and amendments to this Data Protection Declaration
This Data Protection Declaration is currently valid as at May 2018.
As a result of the development of our website and services, or on the basis of altered statutory or administrative requirements, it may become necessary to amend this Data Protection Declaration. You can access and print out the currently valid Data Protection Declaration at any time at our website https://fehn.de/de/datenschutz.